Monday, July 18, 2016

A quilt for a friend

My friend Angie asked me to make her a quilt for her king single bed, she purchased the beautiful rose fabric and then gave me free reign to chose contrasting fabric and the quilt pattern.
 I needed to come up with a quilt block that didn't involve cutting the rose fabric too small, so started by cutting the roses at 8½ inches square and working my pattern from there.

Here it is on our queen sized bed with a matching cushion.



The backing fabric has light tan roses on a cream background.











Here it is on Angie's own bed.




4 comments :

Anne Crofts said...

I love this, I love the summery look and the colours match so well: red is my favourite colour too! You are very skilled in colour and design. What a cherry sight to waken to.

Rannah Romps said...

OMG!!! It had to take you a couple of years!!

jasann said...

Love this quilt, it must have taken you ages!!!!! it is beautiful, well done!!!

Lisaerica said...

Wow, it came beautiful. I love that it's reversible and can be changed according to the season. A blanket to treasure for years to come. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.