Tuesday, March 27, 2012
A friends youngest son is getting married next month and she asked me to make a card for her to give to him.
I decided on a Bookatrix card and made a rose spray for one side, the roses I made with the Marianne Creatable 6 petal flower die, the leaves are Martha Stewart punches and I used the Marianne Craftable Envelope die for the other side.
The cake and wine glasses are from Paper Shaper punches.
Here it is in its box.
Thank you for taking the time to visit today.
Monday, March 26, 2012
Has it really been nearly two weeks since my last post, where has that time gone?
The orchids I made for this card were designed by another on line friend, I wanted to place them into a layout that looked like a brides bouquet.
The corners and the little pink bits at the end of the flower spray are from the Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco B set.
The little envelope is a Marianne Craftable Die.
The embossed background I made by embossing the top half with the Couture Creations Victorian embossing folder and scoring the lines on the bottom with my Martha Stewart score board.
Thank you for taking the time to visit.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Hello, and thank you for stopping by today.
The online group I belong to has a set Monthly Theme and Technique, that we can choose weather or not to follow. I usually do and below are two cards I made for March's Theme and Technique which was to use Buttons and Bows on your card and stitching as the technique.
For this first one I simply cut an oval Nestability and randomly glued buttons around the edge of it.
I threaded a thin bit of ribbon through the holes of the largest button at the top.
It originally was just going to have the stamped image in the centre , but I messed up and got some of the edge of the stamp on the card (this is why you should stamp before you put your card together), so I had to disguise it with the ribbon bow, then I thought I needed to balance it out and punched a butterfly added some shine to it with a gelly roll pen and adhered it to the top, on hind-site I would rather have left it off.
This next one is a shaped card using the largest of the Cheery Lynn French Flair Die cut set, I simply scored the back piece about three quarters of an inch down from the top, folded it back and stuck it to the front piece.
My poor photography doesn't show the lovely sheen on the backing paper which is from the Kaisercraft Chanteuse Collection Paper Pad, also cut from the same die set.
The mannequin is a Die-Namics Die and I paper pieced the pink dress bodice and added a triple looped bow for the dress skirt.
The flowers and leaves were Martha Stewart punches, and I just glued buttons to the centres.
Monday, March 5, 2012
My friend Angie has designed a new flower which she based on the Fuchsia and has called it The Ballerina Flower.
I've made them to trail down the Marianne Creatable Basket Die, which I placed onto a pedestal I made with two of the Marianne Creatable Lamp post Die cuts.
The background is the Sizzix Bricked Embossing Folder.
The border frame is the Martha Stewart Punch Around Page String Lace.
Thank you for taking the time for visiting today.
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Hello, I have another two cards to show you today that I made for Kaaren at FatCats Card Corner.
They are both been made to feature the Marianne Creatable Windmill Die
This first one I found the image on the Internet, (I think its an embroidery pattern, it also has a little Dutch girl on it), and I coloured him with copics.
The little tulips I made with the Large Rose Cheery Lynn Flower Die, Kaaren seems to be out of stock on those at the moment.
The lace strip was made using the border punch from the Martha Stewart Punch around the page set String Lace.
For this next one I made the Delft tiled background by following this Tutorial.
The windmill die cut was placed on one of the Craft Concepts Victorian Rectangle dies.
The border strip was made from the Eyelet Lace Martha Stewart Punch around the page punch set.
Many thanks for taking the time to visit today.