Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dahlia fold Dress

Gosh I'm a bad blogger, its been almost two weeks since I last posted........where did that time go........the weather here is much nicer ( we are into spring) and I have been spending time in the garden, but I have no idea where the rest of the time went.
Anyway.............I wanted to share this card with you, it's an idea I saw on the www somewhere and have been wanting to do. I started off making the dress as the card shape but changed my mind and decided to put it onto a folded card, which I wish I hadn't because I just couldn't decide how to decorate the card, so ended up with just some peeloffs.
The top of the dress I ran through the Swiss Dots embossing folder and the dress skirt is made up of tea bag folds using the dahlia fold.

9 comments :

Kathy Cruz said...

super cute!

Unknown said...

I have no idea how you did these folds, but it is stunning! perhaps I can find some clues by googling tea bog fold??? Or is it the dahlia fold?

Baukje said...

Thank you Marcy, yes it is the dahlia fold and you'll find lots of instructions if you Google dahlia fold tea bag tutorial.
Here's one..........http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/dahlia.php

JD/ Jill said...

What a beautiful card. So creative, and done with a fold that I really like to do...tfs...

Grace Baxter said...

Such a beautiful card. What pattern did you use for the bodice of the dress?

Unknown said...

Preciosa

Unknown said...

Which type of paper u used for dress

Unknown said...

Which type of paper u used for dress

Baukje said...

Sorry for not replying sooner Shweta, I used double sided design paper for the dahlia folding.