Friday, June 3, 2011

Black and White


Good Morning.
My card I'm sharing with you today I made using several different Marianne Creatables Dies which you can purchase from FatCatsCardCorner.
First I made the background with a Fiskars Texture plate called Feathers and my cuttlebug, I then sponged over it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
The bird and swirls above and below the texture layer is the Folklore Birds die that I have cut and glued behind.
The Creatables tag has been stamped with a Ginak Design stamp and then left in the die and sponged around with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I adhered it to the card with dimensional tape to pop it up off the background layer.
The leaves are the Leafy stem creatable and the flowers were made with the little flower die that comes with the Creatables Tag.
The little black birds are what was cut from the Folklore die that I used on the bottom and I just pushed them onto the Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad to colour them.
To finish off I ran a small white ink pad around the edges of the finished card.

4 comments :

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Baukje!

wow!!!! this is stunning. I love it.
I love how you made the frame with the folklore birds die. the whole card is so effective. super job Baukje.
Hugs Maz

Baukje said...

Hi Bauke
beautiful card with those sweet little birds
Greetings Baukje

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

Love the white!
Very elegant!

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Really beautiful Baujke, I love the look of the white on black and there are so many elements there to make us keep looking......hugs Jenni xx