Monday, October 17, 2011

Just For You


Hello Everyone

This is the beautiful Hope stamp from Sugar Nellie stamps and I've coloured her with copics, then cut her from a Spellbinder classic rectangle and before taking her out of the die I sponged some Memento Dessert Sand around the edges. I also sponged the same ink around the edges of all my layers.
The pin striped layer is a free digital paper from GinaK Designs at Stamp TV and I've also coloured it with the Dessert Sand (The digital paper are black and white).
The border punch used is the Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace from the Punch around the page set.
The spotted layer is from the KaiserCraft 6 inch pad After Five Collection.
And lastly the tulips were made by me and I've tied them together with a bit of frayed ribbon.

I made this card so I could enter it into The Sugar Bowl Challenge no 69 which was to make a card with this Sketch by Gayle.


Tulip Instructions.

Now I'm not very good at doing tutorials but I'll give it a try and hope that you can understand them.

Here we go...........

 These are the punches I used.

You will need 6 of the small pear shapes and one each of medium Big Sky Flake and small Carl Frost Snowflake.


Cut off the pear stalks and round off the small end of the pear shape if you want.


 Place the small pears on a moulding mat and give it some shaping with an embossing tool, or whatever small rounded tool you may have.

 Give it a little extra deep shaping here at the small end of the pear shape.

  Cut off some of every second arm of the Snowflake as in the photo.


 Now just give it a little bit of cupping by running your round tool around the very centre of the Snowflake.

 Now with a small drop of glue place a petal on each of the shortened arms of the Snowflake


 Then turning your tulip with the three petals glued on, over, glue the other three petals over the remaining three arms of the Snowflake shape.

 Once the glue is dry give the tulip some cupping by running your round edge tool around the centre only.









Take you punched Big Sky Flake shape and give it some cupping and glue into the centre of the tulip.


If you make my tulips I'd love to see them.
baukje@iprimus.com.au

Thanks again for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.

4 comments :

Maryann Laursen said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Bee and your instructions on the tulips are awesome too, thank you so much for that. And don´t worry, they´re very easy to understand, and you´ve done an amazing hjob on it. Thanks sooo much for sharing this.

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Absolutely beautiful card Baujke, love the image, the colouring and the great tutorial on the tulips, I shall certainly be trying thos sweet flowers!!
Love Jenni xx

Only By His Grace said...

Fabulous job on the tutorial Baukje.
I'm going to try and make these. will let you know when I do. thanks.
Your card is gorgeous. You do a lovely job with the Copics.
Hugs Maz

Unknown said...

Bee, this card is so Gorgeous, what wonderful coloring you did on her complexion. Beautiful work!!
One of these days I will give your tulip a try, have to get some more punches first.
Hugs
Donna