Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Finally made a card

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy, Healthy New Year ahead.

I have finally been able to make a couple of cards, since getting home I just hadn't felt like doing much crafting.



I want to start using my stamp pads and stamps more for making my own backgrounds so for this card I took a piece of white card stock, and using The Distress Ink pad festive berries I swiped it a few times on my craft mat and instead of spritzing it with water I used Glimmer Mist then wiped my white card stock over it until it was completely covered.
After waiting for it to dry I stamped the leaves and grass first with some white ink, then went over it again with the black ink.
The bird cage is a Marianne Design die as is the leafy stem.
The sentiment has been stamped onto the Marianne Design Floral Circle Die using shrink plastic.
The red flowers I made with the Memory Box Cherry Blossom die and the little white ones I made with some punched out pieces that were sent to me.
Below I have tried to show the sheen on the background using the Glimmer Mist.


Hugs



1 comment :

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Baukje!
you did a super job on this card.
I have been rather slack on my blog and must get back into it.
Hugs Maz